More information from others

Here, you will find links to other authorities and organisations with more information that may be of interest to you.

The National Board of Health and Welfare’s films in different languages for unaccompanied minors living in an HVB home.

The National Board of Health and Welfare’s films in different languages for unaccompanied minors living in a family home

The page ‘Check out the Social Services’ gives information about the Social Services - or ‘Soc’ - for children and young people. Here, you can read about what Soc does and what help and support you can get from Soc. 

On the page ‘I want to know more’, you can learn about what defines a crime, how a crime may affect you and where you can get help and support.

The Children’s Ombudsman is a government agency mandated to represent the rights and interests of children and young people under the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

BRIS work to improve the conditions and rights of children and young people. Here, you can call, mail or chat with a BRIS counsellor, share experiences and chat with other people your age in a forum or just read about important topics.

Save the Children is a children’s rights organisation that works to ensure that the rights of all children are respected, protected and fulfilled. Save the Children has a helpline and Supporter Care Team for unaccompanied children and young people.

Maskrosbarn gives support to children with a parent who drinks too much, takes drugs or suffers with mental health problems.

Dagsattprataom is a website which aims to raise awareness about child sexual abuse. The goal is to give children better protection against sexual abuse and encourage children exposed to such abuse to come forward and seek help.

This website is for young LGBT persons who have recently arrived in Sweden. Here, you find information in different languages.

The 1177 Healthcare Guide gives advise on where to turn if you are struggling with mental health issues and would like to talk to someone within the healthcare or social services sector.

UMO is a website is for young people aged between 13 and 25. Here, you can find out more about sex, sexual health and relationships.

Dina rättigheter is a website with information about your rights as a child or young person.

Here, you can read more about honour related violence and oppression.

The website of the Swedish Agency for Youth and Civil Society features, among other, four short films about mental health problems - all produced and performed by young people.

112 is the telephone number to call if you need emergency help.

Statens institutionsstyrelse (SiS) is a government agency that provides individually tailored compulsory care to young people with serious psychosocial problems and to adults with substance abuse problems.