Report irregularities or register a complaint

As a private individual, you can choose to report irregularities in health care or social services. You can also choose to submit a complaint.

Ask the information service

Contact us at IVO

Phone +46 (0)10- 788 50 00.

Telephone opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9-12.

Contact us via our web form

About the Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO)

The Health and Social Care Inspectorate is a government agency responsible for supervising healthcare and social care, healthcare and social care staff, social services and activities in accordance with the Act concerning Support and Service for Persons with Certain Functional Impairments (LSS).The authority is also responsible for certain permit applications. 

More about IVO.

Order excerpts from the healthcare provider registry

Anyone providing healthcare and social care is obliged, in accordance with the Swedish Patient Safety Act, to report their activities to the healthcare provider registry.

You can request an excerpt from the registry by:

sending an email to registerfragor@ivo.se

or by calling +46(0)10 788 50 00

If you are a child or a young person

If you have contact with social services or the healthcare system, or live in a boarding school, you have the right to contact us to obtain information about your rights.

You have the right to good healthcare and social care. This means, among other things, that it must be easy for you to seek and obtain help if you are ill or feel unwell.

You can phone us on weekdays from 09:00-17:00. At other times you can leave a message. The call is free and will not appear on the phone bill.

Phone +46 (0)20-120 06 06

For children and young people in residential care.