Report irregularities or register a complaint

As a private individual, you can choose to report irregularities in health care or social services. You can also choose to submit a formal complaint.

Important information

IVO cannot investigate a formal complaint without informing the care provider in advance.

Before you register a complaint:

  • Lodge a complaint either with the organisation where you received care or with the Patients' Advisory Committee (patientnämnden) in your region.
  • Receive a response from the healthcare provider or the Patients' Advisory Committee.
  • Ensure that it has been less than two years since the incident.

Please note that complaints to IVO can only pertain to care-related matters and not financial compensation.

E-service and form

Registration of complaint about healthcare

Senast uppdaterad 2023-06-07